- This event has passed.
Orientation – Day Two
May 4, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:45 am EDT
Welcome to Georgian@ILAC!
We’re very happy to have you join the Georgian@ILAC family and begin your studies. Whether you’re studying remotely or a combination of in-person and remote learning, it’s going to be a great year! Our Orientation aims to help you successfully prepare you for your college experience.
We can’t say enough how important it is to take part in Orientation. Why? Because it’s a proven fact that students who attend orientation feel more connected and get a better start.
9:00 Chris Anstead – Dean of Business
9:20 Academic Expectations
- Ashima Bhardwaj and Pengcheng Gao (Academic Advisors)
- Pengcheng and Ashima propose to outline the academic expectations, requirements, and academic support available to our students
- Ghina Azaizi (Academic Administrator)
- Ghina proposes to elaborate on the textbooks, Pearson MyLab access, and available resources.
10:00 How to succeed in Online Learning
- Presenter Sanjot Chattha
School is hard sometimes and the transition to college life can be tricky. But learning better, feeling better, and doing better is possible. Come meet your Student Success Advisors and see how they can support you during your time at Georgian@ILAC College
10:25 Goal Setting
- Dean Boukydis- Program Director HE
- Goal setting and the availability of opportunities for international students in Canada.