APPLY THROUGH OCAS
- We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
- All international student applications must be submitted through the International Application System (IAS), where program availability is located.
- Applications are accepted year-round, subject to program availability.
- Please note, due to volume of applications, your program may be available at time of application, but the program may be closed at time of assessment.
how to apply
Your application process will vary depending on the program you are applying to and your particular pathway into Georgian@ILAC.
Before you apply for any full-time program, get familiar with the steps you need to take and the admission requirements you need to meet.
Submit your application online
- Upload your graduation certificate/diploma and transcripts (if they are not in English, certified translated copies are required), Passport bio page, and English language proficiency
- Pay $100 Application fee
Accept your offer
You or your representative will receive an automated email from IAS (International Application System) regarding any further action required or an admission decision.
After receiving this email, accept the offer by following these steps:
- Login to the IAS portal
- Accept the pre-admissions invoice (this MUST be done before paying the deposit)
- Pay the non-refundable deposit of $2,500 CAD by the due date indicated, through Flywire
- Upon receipt of your deposit, your official letter of acceptance (LOA) will appear in your IAS portal (providing applicant has met all requirements)
- Deposit is due with the date that is posted on your pre-admit letter.
Note: You must pay the deposit by the payment deadline in order to confirm your seat in the program.
Apply for a study permit/visa
Once you receive the official LOA letter and tuition receipt, you may apply for a student permit/student visa from the Canadian Embassy or consulate.
Some countries require a student permit and a visa.
- Secondary or high school transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken and grades received
- Math and English credits are required at the Grade 12 level
- College or university transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects taken and grades received
- Resumé outlining work/volunteer/internship experiences
- Letter of intent stating the reason for applying
English language proficiency
Language Testing Options
- IELTS Indicator Learn more on the IELTS Indicator website.
- TOEFL internet-based test (IBT) – Special Home Edition: Learn more on the TOEFL website.
- Duolingo Language Test: Learn more on the Duolingo website. Acceptable until Dec. 31, 2023. Georgian College reserves the right to add additional testing upon arrival on campus to ensure that learning is supported appropriately. Note that the Student Direct Stream (SDS) program requires IELTS results. IRCC has not yet clarified if alternate test results will be acceptable under SDS.
Note: International students applying through the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program from India, China, Vietnam or Philippines should note that the SDS IELTS requirements are 6.0 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands. For programs listing a higher IELTS requirement, the higher score will be required for admissions. Priority for applicants will be given to those who meet SDS requirements. Final admission will not be granted until this requirement has been met. English language tests older than two years will not be considered.