immigration services

Our International Student Immigration Advisor and student services department are ready to support you regarding your questions related to immigration and life in Canada as an international student.

For questions please contact Donnaa Fredrick, Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and International Student Immigration Advisor with ILAC.  

We can support your immigration needs by:


Extension on the temporary measure allowing foreign nationals with expired or expiring post-graduation work permits to apply for an extension

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is extending the temporary measure in Canada’s immigration policy allowing students with expiring Post-Graduation Work Permits to apply for an eighteen(18) month extension. Foreign nationals whose post-graduation work permits will expire from January 01, 2023, to December 31, 2023, will have the opportunity, upon application, to work in Canada for an additional 18 months. Applicants will have the ability to work in the interim period while their permit is being extended or a new one is being issued. IRCC will begin accepting applications for this category of PGWP extensions as of April 6, 2023

This is an exciting announcement for international students and PGWP holders, to gain additional work experience and increase individual scores to qualify for permanent residency in Canada. Those with an expiring or expired PGWP status (out to status, even past days 90 days) are eligible to submit an application for work permit extension. 

The additional interim work authorization upon approval will be delivered to the students Canadian mailing address. To ensure that there are no delays with receiving authorizations ensure that your address is always up-to-date and inform IRCC immediately of any changes. If students apply to extend a work permit before it expires, they are legally allowed to remain in Canada on maintained status while IRCC processes their application and can keep working.

Scroll to Top